Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 23: Tattletale

Maybe Baby,

I'm gonna tattle on your dad today. Last night, he was super excited
about the new IOS for Apple, Mavericks. Yep. Super excited. Before bed, he got all our devices downloading the new system... in secret.

He LOVES to customize electronics. Every so often we have talks about him leaving my devices alone.

This secret download meant that NONE of our alarms went off this morning. We both had to be at work at 7:30, and we both woke up at 7:21.

As I ponder this a bit, I'm very proud of the fact that I didn't scream or yell. I have a LONG way to go, but I handled today with grace. I realized the time, hopped out of bed, and started getting ready. We didn't make the bed, and we didn't eat breakfast, but we both made it to work on time and gave each other a quick kiss before heading out the door. I told him that he should probably start thinking of a way to make it up to me.

So, why am I telling you this? Now, you know three new things:

1. We love each other even when things are stressful.
2. Being married to your dad has taught me how to be a more patient person.
3. Next time, he probably won't dare touch my iPhone.

Love you.

[We are hoping to adopt. You can view our It's About Love Profile HERE.]

[Read about this series and read the other messages HERE]





No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do I Want Out of Life?

While cleaning out my desk I came across a piece of my writing from 2009. I thought I would share it here. :) What Do I Want Out of Life? In...