Monday, May 23, 2011

To My Love (but for the rest of you to read)

Yesterday was our anniversary. We have officially been married a year, and, no, it does not feel like we have been married a year. For me, I feel like I am still learning so much about you. In a sense, I feel like we have been married for only a few weeks. Blaine. You feel like you have been married to me FOREVER. I take this to mean that it is much easier to be married to you than it is to be married to me. Thank you for your patience as I learn how to tie my life to yours, as I learn how to be your wife. In our first year of marriage, we have purchased a home, a car, a trampoline, and three couches. We have watched entire seasons of Southland and Castle, and Glee. In our first year of marriage, we have renovated that home, housed a teenager for five months, and grown to to love each other just a bit better. I am grateful for the chance to be your wife. In this new role, I find myself waking up each day full of joy. I am happier than I have ever been. Thank you for coordinating my Father Daughter dance yesterday. The only regret I have from our wedding day is that I missed out on that. And, although I did not look like a bride yesterday, I looked like your wife, and that is infinitely sweeter.


I love you. Thank you for choosing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do I Want Out of Life?

While cleaning out my desk I came across a piece of my writing from 2009. I thought I would share it here. :) What Do I Want Out of Life? In...